Thursday, September 28, 2006


Season 2006 wrap...


I will not be lying when I say that the bleakness one experiences when a good thing comes to an end, in this case, in tempered with a healthy dose of relief and satisfaction that the League is actually over and went down bar any serious hang ups.

It was a great way to end a long season this past saturday with two epic finals and I look forward to a bumper season 2007 filled with the usual internal league-esque attributes. Do watch this space!

The games were hard fought contests to which thankfully I needn't dwell due to the lovely spate of media attention the League has been incurring of late. We've become like Paris Hilton's drinking habits and get more backpage exposure than other UCT internal leagues. I would send out a hearty pat on the back but Varisty newspaper won't remove it's hand...



I must say I was a little bleak that the B League didn't get as much newspaper noise as the A League which is a tad unfair since their final was slightly more entertaining. Nothing should be taken away from them although we might have to amend something to get them some print time.

My work is done here, [Ya lank, I have to plan next year] so just going to hand out some obligatory awards to cap off the season.

Champions 2006:
A-League - The Ucha cha Nadoes.
B-League - The Wildboys.

Wooden Spooners:
A - The 'please don't come back' Rochester Rhinos.
B - College House. (still unbeaten on the A field)

The Team Spirit Award:
A - Ubumbo
B - Shebeen Boys

Worst dressed Team:
A - Barbarians (I didn't know they made pastel grey. Should have stuck to colours)
B - The Turtles. (just look at your sleeve)

Drinking Team Award:
A - Cobras/Soco Thoco (sharing parties, sharing awards)
B - The Wildboys (only team this side of the wors curtain to drink pre-mix brandy and cola)

Hottest supporter base:

Management (by default)

See you on the clifton mile...


No comments: